Monday, January 31, 2011

Things are progressing

I am knee deep in training for round two at the Lincoln marathon this spring.  Things started out slow but my mileage has been slowly building up.  I am feeling good about my training so far and trying to play it smart as to not exacerbate the potential for any injury.

I have really enjoyed the Lincoln Marathon class that I joined.  One the group motivation and structure of the class has helped me getting up my mileage again.  It was nice to look on dailymile the yesterday and see that I had two weeks now of 35 miles.  The schedule this week looks like this:
Monday: 5M steady strides
Tuesday: 6M: with 6x hills
Wednesday: Spinning and Yoga
Thursday: 7M with 1M temp/1min easy x 3
Friday: 5M recovery
Saturday: 16M 5 middle M @ MRP
Sunday: off

For a total of 39 miles.  In addition to picking up the mileage, my pace is also slowly improving.  I can run steadily on longer runs (> 6 M) at a 9:00ish pace. Last year at this time, I was routinely running ~ 1.5 mins per mile faster.  Hopefully my speed keeps improving!

On other news, Lindsey and I booked our trip to Boston for the marathon.  We were shocked at how expensive the how trip is going to be.  We were struggling trying to find a hotel in the area but they were all super expensive.  We went to travelocity and saw that there was a "super secret" hotel in back bay.  With the "super secret" hotel they tell you the general location but do not tell you which hotel it is or exactly where it is.  The good thing is that this hotel was super cheap at 178 a night.  We took the gamble and booked the hotel and it turned out to be just a few blocks from the finish line.  It was a very nice surprise and was exciting to see a gamble that paid off!

In honor of the passing away of Charlie Louvin last Wednesday is "I like the Christian Life" that he sang with his brother back in the day.  This song was later made famous by the Byrds on their album "Sweetheart of the Rodeo"


And one more recent song by Charlie:

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about some broken links on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

    Thanks!
    Mandie Hayes
    mandie.hayes10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete