Monday, March 29, 2010

I just cant live that fast anymore

Its crazy that I have not posted all week and I promise I will do better this week.  I want to welcome all the new followers this week.  I look forward to following your blogs!

 This week just zipped by but it was a good week.  I put in a few runs this week running between 3-6 miles each day.  I am well below what I was running this summer but I have been so tired in the evenings.  I think one of the reasons is that I have once again drifted back to my old way of eating three meals a day.  Last summer during my peak mileage I was eating five times a day which provided me the energy to do longer runs (6 - 10) during the evening.  Now, I just feel wiped out around 3 to 4 pm and do not have it in me for the long runs.

On Saturday, I went running with a new running group.  I am not sure if they have a name but it was a good group.  We went running on the Greenway trail from Saint Paul out to Lake Calhoun and back about a 14 mile and back.  Because they are just initiating their training I added an additional 6 miles running along the river.  It was a great run and it was so nice to get it out of the way so early in the morning.   I talked to one of the runner's Tony about some of the marathoning/Iron manning experiences he has had.  I mentioned to him that Lindsey and I are thinking of trying to run a marathon in every state.  After this year we will have all of the same four states finished ... Minnesota, Texas, Nebraska, and New York.  We are thinking of trying to hit some of the more local marathons next year .... maybe Wisconsin (The Whistle Stop), Iowa, Fargo ND, or maybe something in South Dakota.  He said there are three that he highly recommends.  These are Big Sur in California, NY City Marathon, and the Marine Corp marathon in DC.  I really would like to run in all the big ones someday (NY, Chicago, and Boston [duh!]).  What are your favorite marathons?  Are there any other marathons you would recommend?


On Sunday, I went for my first bike ride of the year and it was GLORIOUS!  I have missed riding so much.  I rode with my friend Dave and Marcus out on the Greenway.  I did not have much in me after running the long run the day before but we ended up doing 21 miles at about an 18 mph pace.  Great ride.  Here are some pictures from the trip:


Pedestrian bridge over Minnehaha.


Dave and Marcus speeding away.


On the way back trying to keep up with Dave.


Marcus still smiling.

I have had this song in my head all day and thought I would share with you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Honky,
    That bike ride looks like so much fun!! I love the Minnehaha area:) It is one of my favorite places to go in the spring! I usually go there on every Mothers Day with the family! Have a great day Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that place looked deserted. What a wonderful place to ride.

    ReplyDelete