Sunday, March 14, 2010

if you are in minnesota you need to get out and run today!

I am a little surprised looking out the window right now, there is abundant sunlight and not a cloud in the sky.  When I looked at the weather report on Friday they said today was going to be another gray foggy day but its pretty much the opposite.  I had planned on going to do a short 3 mi recovery run from my house but when I got outside in shorts and a t shirt I was amazed at how nice it was.  The sun actually warmed me up.

My "recovery" run quickly turned into one of the nicest runs I have had in a long while.  My legs were not heavy and I was not exhausted from the get go, so I pushed on a little longer running up the gateway trail.  The trail was in great shape no snow or ice, kids on their bikes and people walking.  I got back and looked at my phone and it said just shy of 5 mi and at a 8:00 min pace.  I am so happy that spring is finally here and I can run again!

While I was running I gave the Crazy Heart Soundtrack a try and I have been surprised at how good it is.  I have been hearing some of the songs on the Swinging Doors show on KEXP and in the mix on Bootliquor on SomaFM.  I have yet to see the move never seems to work out right.  Anyways, Jeff Bridges and Colin Farrel both have great singing voices and the music is pretty good. Here is the title track from the soundtrack by Ryan Bingham:

7 comments:

  1. Hi Honky,
    I totally agree...today was so awesome!! I also went out for a run wearing shorts:) Nice job on your recovery run! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it out, too! It was wonderful outside. Hopefully there will be more to come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny, some days you have to let the weather dictate your run...sometimes shorter and lots of times longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not in Minnesota, but here in Iowa we appreciate a nice day too! I hope we see a lot more of them in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song! I ran outside yesterday too, feels like spring here, so I hope it stays that way!

    I read about you on Julie's blog, so thought I'd swing by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, Chris I thought that in your blog in your profile it said that you were 39!?! Ooops, so sorry! Please forgive me and I hope that this minor mistake on my part will not make you stay mad at me for long:) Ha ha! So funny because I seriously was thinking...there is no way in hell that this guy is 39!!!

    Anyhow, it really was nice meeting you yesterday! It was one of the funnest races that I have done to date:) Thanks for giving me the heads up on it! I will most likely do it next year too! I hope that you have a great week Chris!

    ReplyDelete