Friday, January 22, 2010

early morning run

For some reason, my body has decided that it needs to wake up at 5am.  Not 5:15 not 4:59, but right smack on the nose, 5 am.  All week I have been fighting it, laying in bed and listening to NPR until 6.  This morning once again I wake right up at 5, listen to NPR for 15 minutes in bed, and decide that I will take advantage of this early rise by going to the gym to run the treadmill.  I would have preferred to have run outside but for those that may be reading this that are outside of Minn, everything is covered in a nice (or not so nice) sheen of ice. 

The treadmill was pretty good.  I ran an easy three miles just under an 8 min mile.  I probably could have gone for a few more but I plan on running my LAST 20 miler in this training regieme tomorrow and did not want to be tired for that.  Especially since I am going to be running it alone because my running partner is far away! 

Anyone in the Twin Cities area that reads this, do you know of any good routes that are not the Calhoun Lake loops or the Gateway trail?  I have run these to death and need a long run that does not require me to run on slick roads with oncoming traffic.

Good luck to all the Minnesota runners (and non-Minnesotan runners) that are running in the Securian 5K or Half marathon tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Honky,
    So you are running your last 20 miler tomorrow and alone:( I wish that I knew more about the Calhoun area...other than the actual lake I have never ran anywhere else close to that area. You should ask Speedo Steve if he knows. He lives in St. Paul but he might be familiar with the area that you are talking about.

    Thank you so much for your well wishes and encouragement!! I appreciate it so much:) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete