Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tempo runs but feeling good

Went for a run tonight at the Metrodome. I got there much earlier than I have been lately, thanks to having a somewhat normal work day.  I had decided that I was going to try for tempo runs today.  My plan was to run a comfortable 8 minute mile then push myself for a mile then back to the comfortable and so on.  First faster run, I ended up running a 6:06 then a 6:40 and the last was a 6:34.  Not ultra fast or anything but it felt good at the end. 

Tomorrow, the weather is suppose to be kinda crummy but I was think of diversifying my running routine and getting a snowshoe run in at Phalen.  It really depends on how hard it is freezing rain and when I get out of lab meeting.   I know that their ski trail is about a 10K which would meet my Wednesday goals. 

I am going to share another one of my favorite 2009 albums, partly because this song as been stuck in my head all day.  The Maldives, another Seattle band,  released a new album this year that is magnitudes beyond than their great debut album. The musicianship by all 9 members of the band is superb.  The lyrics sung by front-man Jason Dodson are emotional, striking, and heartfelt.

Here is the song that has been stuck in my head ALL day (but I still love it):

3 comments:

  1. Great song! I haven't heard of them before, so I will check them out on iTunes. I always love a new song to run to. Nice workout at the Metrodome. I haven't made it over there for a run but I may have to make a point to get over there. I bet it makes for great people watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honky,
    Good job with another fantastic Metrodome run!!

    Are you running on Saturday for sure?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I thought that it was you that was talking about the winter carnival frozen half. Oops! They are taking same day registration if you would be interested....but it sounds like it is going to suck in terms of weather.

    Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete